I can see clearly now the rain is gone!
It has been an amazing weekend! For many many reasons- someone came back into my life and I got to enjoy an amazing two days with him that are indescribable. Almost as excited and amazing as the feeling you get Christmas morning! Every moment spent was fun we cooked out and played beer pong with his brothers,i got to be a country girl and go get a little mud on the tires- then Saturday I got to be a guest at his Dad’s wedding, we continued with lots of quality time going out with friends and just being in the moment. It was non stop and just showed me so much. It was wonderful to finally get the feeling of what it is like to have someone want you with them and enjoy you as much as you them in every second of time spent. Holding hands, affectionate, meeting friends and family, cuddles and lots of laughs.
As I thought on this it just shows- I have wasted so much time on placing my attention to the guy that only wants you when it’s convient for them and you give and give and give with nothing in return. No returned phone calls or texts, no QT time, no meeting friends or family, no affection because you get no time-Its just so exhausting even thinking about it now- Because really all those little things add up to a whole lotta rejection in true reality.
So no matter what happens with this surprising and fabulous addition to a weekend that just happened I can whole heartedly say it was a blast and i can see so much clearer now for my past and no matter what I feel for it, I know it was never anything that I deserved.
So- That is what I learned this weekend ;)
I am sitting here thinking quite a bit on timing and how it is everything! It’s amazing how we ourselves have a time table, but there is a bigger time table that we have no control over.
God brings people into your lives just at the right moments!!
I believe this with my whole heart - because at this moment i am living it and loving not knowing what is to come - one thing i do know for sure is that i never expected this-
i know i am being vague but more details to come later ALL GOOD THINGS!
Women aren’t the only ones who believe certain relationship myths. But men are doing themselves a disservice if they buy into the following
Myth #1 – Women don’t really want nice guys.
• Every guy thinks they’re nice. But not every guy is, and that’s part of the problem. Women are searching for men to treat them with respect. This is especially true as women get a little older and move beyond the attraction to the “bad boys” of the world. But a nice guy that treats them right? It doesn’t get any better than that.
Myth #2 – Women are only out to find a guy to marry them.
• Many women, as well as men, do want to find a partner. But women are waiting longer than ever before to meet the right partner, and in the meantime they are expanding their careers, education, and life experiences. So men that feel women are only with them in order to get married might be missing out on the fun that dating can be.
Myth #3 – Women just don’t get along with each other.
• Strong, independent, smart women get along famously. They seek each other out and strive to support one another. There are women who behave in a catty way when it comes to other women, being rude or purposely excluding them, but these women don’t represent the norm.
Myth #4 – Women freak out if a guy is honest with her.
• It’s the lying that bugs women. Even when men can be honest about something they will sometimes lie just because they don’t want to deal with things. So when a man doesn’t break it off face to face and instead just stops calling, or when he tells a women he’ll call her when he has no intention of doing so, a woman naturally feels like he should have just told her. Women just want to know where they stand. So if you’re a guy and you want to end a relationship, do so honestly and kindly and your woman will thank you.
So i listen to Ace and Tj (now on the internet due to them not being on the radio anymore acetj.com) anyways, they were talking to day about a study that speaks on the styles of humor we as women and men are attracted too. I thought this was right on with what i look for. Pretty interesting.
A recent eHarmony study found that a sense of humor is the number one “Must Have” that both men and women are looking for in a partner.
Now, using a sample of 519,835 women and 331,138 men from the online dating site’s 2010 member base, researchers at eHarmony have uncovered what styles of humor are most attractive/popular to the opposite sex. The full results of the study are displayed in a neat infographic below.
Here are the key takeaways from the study:
- Guys enjoy a sarcastic women
- Women tend to like guys with a dry sense of humor
- Men prefer women who use “guy humor” – sarcastic, juvenile, geeky or raw — whereas women prefer guys who use “gal humor” – sarcastic, dry or ironic.
Hey, you might not find your perfect match, but at the very least you’ll be able to choose an appropriate movie companion.